Fees & Scholarships
When it comes to tuition fees and scholarships, we have several good news:
- Full-time students admitted to this Master’s program in 2016 will automatically receive a tuition-waiver scholarship. One important disclaimer though: this tuition-waiver scholarship is for students who complete a full-time study load of 30 credit-points (ECTS) per semester. Students who do not complete 30 credit-points per semester will pay tuition fees of € 53 per missing credit point below the required number of ECTS per semester. Past history indicates that over 90% of international students who study full-time in this curriculum complete the required number of credit points per semester. (Detailed tuition-waiver rules)
- At least 12 stipend-paying scholarships will be available to students enrolling in this Master’s program in 2016. These scholarships provide a monthly stipend of € 300 per month. They are funded by the IT Academy program.
And if that’s not enough, here is a third good news:
- You don’t even have to apply for a scholarship. All students who apply for admission in this Master’s program are automatically considered candidates for scholarships. The top-ranked candidates according to past academic performance and motivation are offered a scholarship together with their admission.
And if you want even more good news, here go yet another three:
- Once you have started the Master’s program, you may apply for other scholarships. Some of our industry partners (e.g. Playtech, Skype, LHV) offer scholarships to enrolled students based on their academic performance. Other scholarships include government study allowances and scholarships granted by University of Tartu’s foundation.
- A number of additional scholarships are provided by the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs to students from the following countries: Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia, Moldova, Belarus, Azerbaijan and Afghanistan. Additional information will be provided by March 2016.
If you wish to learn more about scholarships and other opportunities to study IT in Estonia, see StudyITin.ee.